'Young' Music questions!
Can anyone help?
I run a pub quiz in Denton, Manchester, and one of my teams is composed of youngsters, who always struggle with the music questions. Does anyone have approx. 10 questions on music about the 2000 and onward era (Not most people's choice but I can't be choosy!)
Thanks for any help,
Paul

7 Comments:
Paul,
As requested please post requests in the 'notes' section and not the blog which I want to keep for posting quiz files only.
Anyhow I am sorry to say that I have no up to date music questions. Something which probably needs to be put right as we all wish to encourage more youngsters to take part in quiznights.
There are a few websites you may find of use -
This Day In Music - http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/index.php
The Very Latest TOP 75 Singles - http://uk.launch.yahoo.com/c/uk/single_charts.html
The Latest Top 75 Albums Chart - http://uk.launch.yahoo.com/c/uk/album_charts.html
So you think you know music - http://music.soyouthink.com/
I will search for any relevant questions, I take it you are OK for actual music tracks?
All the Number Ones of the 2000's - http://www.theofficialcharts.com/all_the_no1_songs.php?show=6
1)Which Pink Floyd song gave the Scissor Sisters their first big hit?
A Comfortably Numb
2)Which Dido song did Eminem sample on his huge hit Stan?
A Thank You
3)Which bands line up includes Tom Chaplin, Tim Rice- Oxley and Richard Hughes?
A Keane
4)Who got New Shoes this year (2007)
A Paolo Nuitini
5)With which band would you associate Rollo Armstrong?
A Faithless
6)What was the debut single for the Arctic Monkeys
A I bet you look good on the Dance Floor
7)Who sung of Babycakes in 2004?
A Three of a Kind
8)Brandon Flowers is Vocalist for which band?
A Killers
9)Name Mikas top selling album?
A Life in Cartoon Motion
10)What was the first number one of the new Millenium, it was also Xmas no 1 1999
A I have a dream/Seasons in the sun by Westlife
Here you go Paul, I have this problem at my music quiz, majority are older teams but they bring in their sons and daughters so I need up to date questions, if you look back at my music quiz files on here you will always find in every round there are some 2000 questions.
Hope this helps
Best wishes from June
Hi Paul
We also have a quiz wheren there are youngsters on the teams so we normally look at hits from 2000 onwards and then beg steal or borrow from other youngsters (my kids, kids friends) and then rip the album and play snippets from these songs. Not sure if this helps, but I do have a few on my pc so if you would like some sent by email please let me know.
Louise
Hi Paul
I have the same problem, so always try to include four or five questions suited to them. It's not always easy to find questions, but it is worth the effort to keep them interested
Mike
Thanks everyone, I'll remember to use the notes section from now on, sorry
Hi Paul
I usually grab mine from youtube based on the top 40.
Paula :-)
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home