Monday, 22 March 2010

Bell & Bear Quiz

Latest file attached.

Pat McGrath

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 24 March 2010 at 20:41 , Anonymous Pat McGrath said...

Any member is welcome to use any of the material I post on this site. No acknowledgment is required. After all very little, if any, of it is original in so far that I have got questions off other members postings, books, news, google etc. Feel free to repost as your own after use. Sufficient for me that what I have chosen to use in my quizzes is considered good enough to use by other members.

 
At 24 March 2010 at 20:49 , Anonymous Chris Mills said...

the point was that two people who make a living by quiz presenting, who have never contributed a bean, posted a members quiz files as their own work so they could continue being members and lining their own pockets. I found their £10 donation to charity for three years free material an insult whilst they pick up around £70 per night - three times a week! I'm on £50pw Disabilty benefit and I managed to donate more than that, plus my time and compile quizzes at the same time.
Thanks for your excellent quiz as always Pat.

 
At 24 March 2010 at 21:13 , Anonymous Pat McGrath said...

I entirely agree with and support your decision in the case of these two. The so-called quizzes posted were clearly a con. One quiz dated January 2010 had a question about the names of the two living ex-Prime Ministers without a mention of Tony Blair. Another asked for the names of the three countries in Africa with names beginning with Z. There are only two since Zaire became the Democratic Republic Of Congo in 1997.
I will post a comment on their posting for all members to use with care.
In the meantime I am delighted that you have got such a positive response. There are some good members and maybe they needed a nudge - and that comes best from you.

Hope you are keeping well

 
At 24 March 2010 at 21:14 , Anonymous john morrison said...

Sorry Pat, you've completley missed the the point.
What,s wrong with saying thanks.
The whole idea of Quizmasters is that they share or donate.
I agree that most of the quizzes are compiled from questions already on site, but it's the format that different quizmasters use that makes this site interesting .
For instance your own Bell and Bear Quiz.
Nobody want's to be waving a big stick on this site, but surely we have to have some sort of
understanding between our members, otherwise we might as well not bother with Quizmasters.
By the way Pat have you noticed how much material has been posted since Chris's rant?
Thanks for your quiz as always Pat.

 
At 24 March 2010 at 21:21 , Anonymous Pat McGrath said...

John. Thanks for your comment. I think I was prompted to write my post when I saw Ross covering his back by thanking "whoever he stole the idea from" - or something to that effect. I wouldn't like any members to be discouraged from posting their material for any reason.
Chris's intervention to revitalise was very much needed - and has borne fruit.

Keep well

Pat

 
At 24 March 2010 at 21:24 , Anonymous john morrison said...

Thanks Pat.

 
At 24 March 2010 at 22:00 , Anonymous Chris Mills said...

thanks to you all, we are revitalised but musn't let it slip. Maybe those members who need our services to help raise monies for worthy causes are guilty of not updating us once or twice a year on how their fund raising is going. It was pointed out to me about two years ago that my site may have helped towards over a million pounds having been raised for charities in the UK! It boggles your mind at times but likewise I know I have contributed to many so called quizmasters (quiz presenters or readers of questions in pubs) beer funds......

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home